NCRPO chief faces criminal raps over birthday bash

first_imgMANILA – A criminal case is now being readied to be filed tomorrow against Metro  Manila top cop Major General Debold Sinas over his controversial birthday gathering, according to Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque. SINAS. NCRPO PIO He added the PNP is also seeking clearance from the Office of the President regarding the possible filing of administrative charges against the alleged quarantine violators. Sinas has apologized for the incident, claiming he found “nothing wrong” with the gathering as proper social distancing and health measures were followed by the guests. “Major General Sinas is a third level officer and a presidential appointee; hence, a clearance from the OP is needed for the filing of administrative charges of the PNP. The same applies to the senior police officials who are also presidential appointees,” Roque said. Sinas received criticisms after photos of his birthday celebration on May 8 – which he had labeled as a simple “mañanita” or early morning serenade – went viral online earlier this week.center_img The pictures were initially uploaded on the Facebook page of National Capital Region Police Office’s (NCRPO) public information office where police officers were seen giving Sinas roses and cakes while other photos were seen Sinas mingling with guests seated at various tables. “I don’t think so na there’s a double standard… ‘Yung gathering po namin, hindi po ‘yun mali. Wala po kaming nakitang mali doon. It’s very ungentlemanly kung hindi ko sila hinarap, at kung pinauwi ko sila. They prepared for that. I think we observed naman ‘yung protocol,” Sinas said in an interview with CNN Philippines. “I asked an apology, but if some groups will not accept it, okay lang po sa amin. I’ve already given my explanation,” he added. “I will have the investigators na lang assess what really happened.”/PN Philippine National Police (PNP) chief General Archie Gamboa is readying a criminal case against Sinas and other senior officers who attended the party and it will be filed on Friday, Roque said.last_img read more

Anichebe plans fitness drive

first_imgVictor Anichebe has revealed he will put himself through a personal boot camp to revive his season. The West Brom striker is ready for a fitness drive during the international break after his injury struggles. He had a hernia operation in September and made his first Barclays Premier League start since August in Sunday’s 2-0 defeat to Newcastle. Anichebe has scored once in eight appearances this term and is desperate to prove his worth at The Hawthorns. “For me it’s very difficult,” said the 26-year-old. “I had niggling injuries here and there and I have just come back from hernia surgery and I had some complications. That’s not an excuse or anything, it’s just normal. “I feel a lot better and hopefully, given the break we’ve got, I can go away, get myself right and come back and help the team.” Press Association The Baggies next go to Chelsea on November 22 and Anichebe is planning to return fighting fit. He said: “For me, over the international break, I need to go away, come back and be as fit as possible. I don’t feel as sharp and fit as I was at the start of the season but that will come. “I came back about a month or six weeks ago from hernia surgery, something which reoccurred after I did it a couple of years ago. “I need to go away, come back and take care of my own body and be fitter than I have been recently. “I have the medical team here, they have helped me a lot and I have guys in America I have worked with a lot. Between the two we have come up with a fitness regime which will help me to get to where I should be. “I will go away and I will do parts to try to get myself ready but I’ll also be with the team. We just need to come back after the international break and be ready for the difficult fixtures ahead of us.” The former Everton starlet has only netted four goals for Albion since his £6million move from the Toffees in September last year. He has also made just 16 starts for the Baggies in over 12-months after struggling with a series of minor injuries. last_img read more