RelatedPosts Quadri Aruna leads Africa to World Cup I will see out my contract at Arsenal, Oezil says FIFA World Cup Asian qualifiers postponed Bosnia coach Robert Prosinecki has rescinded the decision to resign after the Balkan nation’s football association asked him to stay in charge of the team, the governing body has said. “The NFSBiH executive board lends full support to Prosinecki to stay in charge until the end of the national team’s Euro 2020 campaign, as stipulated by his contract,” it said on Tuesday. “We are certain that changing the coach at this point in time will not have a positive effect. Our chances of reaching the European Championship via the qualifiers are still realistic.” Prosinecki had said he was stepping down after Sunday’s 4-2 defeat at Armenia in their Euro 2020 Group J qualifier. He however told reporters in Sarajevo that his change of heart had been a “difficult decision”. “It wasn’t easy because I try to stand by my decisions in life,” said the 50-year-old Croatian, who won the 1991 European Cup with Red Star Belgrade and finished third with Croatia in the 1998 World Cup as a player. “I changed my mind because of all the people who extended their support. It will be easy to run and say it’s over, but I decided to stay and I now hope we can turn things around.” The defeat left the Bosnians fourth in Group J on seven points from six games, 11 behind leaders Italy who have won all of their matches. Second-placed Finland have 12 points and third-placed Armenia are on nine after their impressive home win over the Bosnians. Although they have only a slim chance of reaching Euro 2020 by finishing in the top two in their group, Bosnia could still advance to the finals via the Nations League. They topped their League B group ahead of Austria and Northern Ireland. This means that they have qualified for the playoffs also including Denmark, Sweden and Ukraine, the winners of the second tier’s other three pools. The playoff winners will qualify for Euro 2020, which will be held across Europe next year. Reuters/NAN.Tags: Euro 2020European ChampionshipRed Star BelgradeRobert ProsineckiWorld Cup
Press Association The deal does not rule out a return to Atletico in the upcoming transfer window. The Spanish champions have indicated they do not have the funds for a permanent deal themselves, but may yet sign him on another loan deal from Milan once he has left Chelsea. A return home could be what Torres needs to reignite a once sparkling career. The World Cup winner and double European champion scored 46 goals in 172 Chelsea appearances, but only 20 of those came in 110 league outings – a poor return when compared with the 65 Premier League goals he scored in 102 appearances for Liverpool. Torres moved to Stamford Bridge late on January transfer deadline day in 2011 for a then record British fee, but initial struggles soon appeared to be a crisis of confidence as he managed just one goal in 18 appearances before the end of the season. The following season he scored 11 goals, including a hat-trick against QPR and a vital breakaway goal against Barcelona in the Champions League semi-final, but still looked a shadow of himself. His best season in a Chelsea shirt came in the following campaign as he scored 22 goals across seven competitions, including the winner in the Europa League final against Benfica. He managed only 11 goals the following season, after which Jose Mourinho broke up his misfiring striking trio of Torres, Samuel Eto’o and Demba Ba, all of whom left the club. His move to Milan has not exactly seen his form ignite, with only one goal in 10 appearances, but that has not prevented a deal being done. Fernando Torres’ Chelsea career is officially over after the Premier League leaders announced he is to make his loan move to AC Milan permanent next month. Torres, 30, won the Champions League, the Europa League and the FA Cup in three-and-a-half years at Stamford Bridge, but never lived up to expectations after a £50million transfer from Liverpool, failing to replicate his once-prolific scoring record in the capital. He moved to Milan on a two-year loan in August and, although he had been strongly linked with a return to his first club Atletico Madrid in recent days, on Saturday Chelsea announced a deal had been reached for him to join Milan permanently from January 5.