Published on January 22, 2013 at 1:07 am Contact David: email@example.com Alison Domenico doesn’t fire shots at the net and doesn’t make key defensive plays, but the assistant coach does help the ice hockey team play well, day in and day out.“She knows what each player needs to work on, so she’ll focus on that with that certain player,” said senior Holly Carrie-Mattimoe.Domenico played 153 games at St. Lawrence University from 2006-2009. Her 29 power play goals tie her for the most power play goals in the school’s history.Syracuse head coach Paul Flanagan was Domenico’s head coach at St. Lawrence from freshman to junior year. As a result, players like Carrie-Mattimoe have noticed similarities between Domenico and Flanagan’s coaching styles. Her experience playing under Flanagan helps her connect with and better instruct her players.While playing in college, Domenico reached the NCAA Tournament every year, including the Frozen Four in 2006 and 2007. During her senior year, the SU assistant coach was named the Eastern Collegiate Athletic Conference Defensive Forward of the Year, and made second-team, all-league.AdvertisementThis is placeholder text“She was coached by coach Flanagan as well, so they kind of have the same mentality,” Carrie-Mattimoe said. “Everyone respects her so it’s not any different than coach Flanagan being on the ice.”Before coming to the Orange, Domenico was an assistant coach at Ohio State from 2010-2011. She helped players with their skills, worked on video analysis and the team’s day-to-day operations. Domenico came to Syracuse as an assistant coach in 2011.Earlier in the season, Flanagan talked about SU’s need for more offensive production, which is where Domenico has been helping out.“She will help out if people wanna go out on the ice early and have a one-on-one session,” Carrie-Mattimoe said.But it’s not just on the ice that Carrie-Mattimoe has noticed Domenico’s effect on the team.Carrie-Mattimoe said she thinks of Domenico as a great coach, and someone that’s a perfect fit at Syracuse. She also said the girls on the team love learning from her and following her lead.Carrie-Mattimoe is a captain, forcing her to be more vocal and present in the locker room, but she isn’t the only player noticing Domenico’s effect on the team.Even the usually soft-spoken junior Shiann Darkangelo praised SU’s assistant coach.“She’s easy to talk to,” Darkangelo said. “I love her, she’s awesome.” Asst. sports editor Jacob Klinger and Ryan Raigrodski contributed reporting to this article. Comments Facebook Twitter Google+
The nation is currently banned by the IAAF over claims of state-backed doping.
All is set for this year’s Ecobank Cup Golf tournament scheduled for July 30 at the Achimota Golf Club, Mr George Y Amoah, Competition Secretary, Achimota has said.The annual 18-hole Ecobank-sponsored event is expected to draw crack golfers from across the country to battle for supremacy.”The stage is set for the competition which is expected to draw a large number of golfers.”A fee of 100 Cedis is being charged as entry fee for both members and non members. It’s been encouraging so far and if that is anything to go by then, a spectacular event is expected.”Head, Corporate Communications (Ecobank Ghana & Anglophone West Africa) Mrs Patricia Sappor said “Sports enhance the quality of life. Golfing is an excellent sport that accommodates both the young and old.“Not only is it great fun but it promotes physical fitness, mental stimulus and has far-reaching social benefits! “Having hosted tournaments at the Achimota Golf Club for over 15 years, Ecobank is proud to organize this year’s edition.” The 18-hole competition has received massive support from club captain Dr Frank Adu Jnr, his lieutenant Mark Cofie as well Ghana Golf Association (GGA) president Mike Aggrey.At stake are trophies and souvenirs for players who win at the competition.–Follow Joy Sports on Twitter: @JoySportsGH. Our hashtag is #JoySports
RANCHO CUCAMONGA — If he needed reminding, Walker Buehler was reintroduced to the charms of Cal League baseball on Tuesday night.At Dodger Stadium, organist Dieter Ruehle serenades home team strikeouts with the opening bars of Beethoven’s Fifth. At Rancho Cucamonga, they play the LoanMart jingle, in honor of the ballpark’s title sponsor.Optioned to the Class-A Quakes on Friday after a hectic week that included a pointless round trip to Oklahoma City (where he was scheduled to make a rehab start but didn’t), Buehler’s status changed late Tuesday afternoon when he was moved to the Dodgers’ disabled list.That made his outing for the Quakes technically a rehab start. He went three innings, pitching to one batter in a fourth, against the Angels’ Inland Empire affiliate. He threw 41 pitches, 30 of them strikes, and heard the sponsor’s theme five times while giving up two hits and one walk. Dodgers bench slumping Cody Bellinger for a day Dodgers’ Justin Turner looking rejuvenated on defense In retrospect, Buehler was asked, if he could do it over would he rather not have tried to make a rehab appearance on the major league level, as he did last Thursday against the Cubs?“That’s kind of the beauty of this organization,” he said. “We made that decision as a unit. I was asked … It didn’t work out the way we wanted, but that’s OK. We’re on the same page, and if we ever have to do it again it’ll go better.”ALL-STARSThere was a time when the All-Star managers filled out the roster for the midseason exhibition and often did so by loading it with players from their own team. That time has passed. Roberts will manage the National League team this year but he said the manager no longer chooses any of the players.“I don’t. I get zero,” he said. “In years past, you’d see managers pick five, six of their own guys. I don’t have one choice actually.”The addition of player voting in recent years narrowed those choices. Now the commissioner’s office handles it all, Roberts said.“It’s become a lot easier on the manager,” he said. “Basically, you have the fan vote and the player vote, then the commissioner’s office is filling out the rest. It’s kind of a good thing and a bad thing for the manager.”TV GUIDEThe Dodgers and KTLA have reached agreement to simulcast five more games on KTLA/5 and SportsNet LA.The five simulcasts are all home games starting with the World Series rematch with the Houston Astros on Aug. 4 at 6:10 p.m. There will be three more simulcasts in August – Aug. 15 at 7:10 p.m. against the San Francisco Giants, Aug. 20 at 7:10 p.m. against the St. Louis Cardinals and Aug. 31 at 7:10 p.m. against the Arizona Diamondbacks.The final scheduled simulcast will be Sept. 4 at 7:10 p.m. against the New York Mets.SportsNet LA’s pregame show will also be aired as part of each simulcast, starting 40 minutes prior to the first pitch.ALSOIt is “status quo” with injured relievers Tony Cingrani, Pedro Baez and Josh Fields, Roberts said.“They’re still moving along but it’s not going to happen in the coming week as far as activation,” he said. “We still have some time with those guys.”The Pirates placed right-hander Joe Musgrove on the DL Tuesday with an infected index finger on his pitching hand. Musgrove was scheduled to start Wednesday.UP NEXTPirates (TBA) at Dodgers (LHP Rich Hill, 1-3, 4.68 ERA), Wednesday, 5:10 p.m., SportsNet LA (where available)Staff writer Bill Plunkett contributed to this notebook.Related Articles Dodgers’ hot-hitting Corey Seager leaves game with back injury Whicker: Dustin May yet another example of the Dodgers’ eye for pitching Dodgers’ Dave Roberts says baseball’s unwritten rules ‘have changed, should change’ Buehler came out after giving up a leadoff triple to Brandon Marsh in the fourth inning and then went right to the bullpen to complete his work for the evening. He threw “18 or 20 pitches, another inning basically,” he said.His velocity was around 95-96, and he said he “felt like the ball was coming out of my hand fine, and the offspeed stuff was sharp, so that’s the big thing.”The question now is how much more work Buehler will need to do before rejoining the Dodgers’ rotation. Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said he expects Buehler to throw a bullpen session this weekend and then almost certainly make another rehab start to increase his pitch count. Before Tuesday, he had thrown just one inning since going on the DL on June 8 with a microfracture in a rib on his right side.Sign up for our Inside the Dodgers newsletter. Be the best Dodger fan you can be by getting daily intel on your favorite team. Subscribe here.“If you look at three (innings) and 45 (pitches) tonight, if he throws an extra one on the side after the third inning and potentially goes five next time … it could change but I think if we look at it, two rehab starts is very plausible,” Roberts said.That would leave time for Buehler to make one more start with the Dodgers before the All-Star break. Roberts acknowledged that Buehler would “not necessarily” have to wait until after the break to rejoin the Dodgers. Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error
Aldin Šetkić, the Bosnian tennis player, qualified to the quarterfinals of the ITF Futures tournament in Istanbul, valued at 10 000 Dollars. Šetkić, who is the first holder of the tournament in the second round defeated Stephen Kaldawij (Australia) with 6:2, 6:0. (Source: Fena) In the match for qualifications in the semifinals, Šetkić will play with the winner of the match played between Benjamin Lock (Zim) – Francis Raspudić (Hun).
Clarita Jo Russell, age 89, former Wellington resident, died Sunday, March 16, 2014 at Hospice of East Texas in Tyler, Texas.Clarita Jo (Laney) Russell was born on October 28, 1924 in Antlers, OK to Joe C. Laney and Lottie A. (Ballard) Laney.Clarita married Kent O. Russell on February 27, 1942 in Antlers, OK.Â He preceded her in 1999.She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Kent; and daughter, Twanda Jo Russell in 1992.Survivors include her son, Kerry Russell of Winnsboro, TX; one grandson, Mark Russell; and two great grandchildren.Graveside Services will be held at Prairie Lawn Cemetery on Saturday morning, March 22, 2014 at 10:00 A.M.There will be no visitation.Frank Funeral Home has been entrusted with the arrangements.To leave condolences or sign our guest book, please visit our website at www.frankfuneralhome.net
Listen to “The Midday Report” from Thursday October 24th
Tutoring in the 21st century is so much more than strict teacher + unhappy student = hours of misery. With Olympia’s Club Z! everything possible is done to make the experience relaxed, stress-free, and easy for everyone involved. Whether pre-K or pre-Med, in-home tutors can help with slipping grades, new school transitions, maintaining sports GPA requirements, overall study skills and test preparation.Angela Grant, owner of Club Z! since 2005, uses her vast array of tutors, interdisciplinary connections, and school district relationships to teach “how to be a student and how to navigate school.”Her skilled leadership and staff of more than 50 tutors help students aged 4-60+ with class work, test preparation, school transitions (both between grade levels and when entering a new district), and college entrance essays. Their large staff size means that every subject is covered, timing issues are minimal, and personalities can be perfectly matched to a student’s needs.By meeting wherever is most convenient, anxiety levels are kept as low as possible. Grant prefers to hold sessions in the child’s home, where stress levels are minimal, but tutors have met in libraries, schools, or anywhere the family and tutor decide. Locally, two casinos even contract to host on-site tutoring for their staff.After requests for math help, language classes are the next most highly requested. Spanish and Japanese are the primary requests, especially for elementary aged children whose parents want them to have an edge. Students and tutors will usually meet once a week for test preparation and to practice vocabulary and conversation skills.With 66% of high school graduates entering college, the need for entrance examination preparation is crucial. Club Z! offers help with the more common exams like the SAT and ACT but also provides assistance on any test required. With their program, the average student gains more than 200 points on the SAT and 3-5 on the ACT which can hugely influence college entrance decisions, scholarships, and financial aid. Club Z! also assists students with college application essays, which can be a pivotal factor in today’s competitive admissions reality.Enrollment with Club Z! is a simple process, with no contract required. Billing is done on an hourly basis and all work is performed one-on-one with the student. The initial consultation with their staff can help establish what expectations, steps, and timeframe might be called for, and lay the groundwork for optimal progress.For questions or to arrange a private consultation, Club Z! can be found online or by calling 360.436.6615. Facebook10Tweet0Pin0
DAVID LOPEZ, HAY DUDE, (FAVORED) SIXTH: “He broke on top and kind of past the dirt patch there, I couldn’t get him to relax at any point. I hit the backside and we’re on the lead the whole backside there. Just too much. We’re asking too much here. NOTES: The winning owners are David Bienstock and Charles Winner of Los Angeles. JOCKEY QUOTES TRAINER QUOTES PADDY GALLAGHER, FLAMBOYANT, WINNER: “It was a very nice win, he ran well. He ran well last time, he ran well this time, he’s run well the last few times.“The first quarter was quick enough for him. Down the backside Brice got him into an even better spot and by the three-eighths pole he was in a perfect spot and he was good enough to get there.” BRICE BLANC, FLAMBOYANT, WINNER: “I picked him up at the right time. He’s very straight forward. I don’t know if the French connection helps, but I’ll run with it.“He’s doing really well in the mornings. Usually, I can tell when a horse has a tendency to bounce but he’s actually doing as well, I don’t know about better, but as well as he was doing before the San Gabriel. I know he loves this turf course.“I wasn’t worried about the mile and a quarter, the distance is fine for him. I was just hoping for a good trip and that’s pretty much what happened. I had a great trip. He gave me his best like he always has since I’ve been on him.” (On if he needs a shorter race) “I don’t think so. If we can get him relaxed, he’d be A-OK there.” -30-
Last Friday, February 21, that is, 25 days ago, nobody gave a euro in favor of the option that Josep Maria Bartomeu finish his mandate. The electoral advance in Can Barça seemed imminent. He had just exploded case of social networks (related to the hiring by the board of the company I3 Ventures, who created fake online profiles to criticize opponents and staff members) and at a council meeting, the vice presidents cornered the president, that he had to fold to open an internal audit and to sacrifice Jaume Masferrer, his right hand. The electoral advance was a more than real option that was reaffirmed with a bandana at the Camp Nou. Not a month has passed and the tension has dissolved like sugar. Today, all the players on the board assume that there will be no electoral advance and that the elections will be held in 2021. The Game of Thrones at the Camp Nou takes a truce.The first to park any doubts was Bartomeu himself in an act at the Círculo Ecuestre, his last public appearance before confinement, where he said he had no other scenario than to finish his term. He further added that if the statutes allowed him to re-appear, he would do so without hesitation.That day only a single member of the board accompanied him to that meal: the vice president Emili Rosseaud, whom Bartomeu referred to without quoting him as “the continuation candidate that appears in the media”.Bartomeu is at his home directing the club remotely in coordination with the delegated commission headed by Grascar Grau and attending the UEFA and ECA meetings electronically. It is also confined, but in Granollers, Víctor Font, the only one who has expressed his intention to attend the elections with his project “Sí al futur”. From his home, he works directing his company based in the United Arab Emirates, but his activity as a candidate for the presidency has been suspended. “A few days ago we presented our project in Mataró and we planned to carry out another event on March 28 in Mallorca, but as things stand I don’t know if we can do it”, affirms by phone.Font ensures that in his case “We have the advantage that the project is done because we have been working on it for years and the task is done, but we always work with the hypothesis that the elections would be in 2021, although we are ready for when they are.”It also works with this premise a classic of the culés campaigns as is Agustí Benedito, who spends these days at his home in a town near Barcelona with his family. Benedito confirmed to this newspaper that “They will wait until 2021 because they need to be prepared and now they are not. They need to get a stronger candidate than Rosseaud.”Benedito refers to Jordi Roche, who for the moment has not publicly confirmed his intention to stand for election, although his name sounds insistently in the Barcelona environment.Finally, that the name of the former president Joan Laporta, who continues to assure that he will appear but who continues to move discreetly.After the parenthesis forced by the confinement due to the Coronavirus crisis, the actors on the electoral board rearm facing the battle of 2021. For the moment, the Game of Thrones is postponed.