WNY News Now / MGN Stock Image.LITTLE VALLEY – The fourth COVID-19 related death was reported in Cattaraugus County on Sunday.The Cattaraugus County Health Department says the death involves a 71-year-old woman who developed respiratory failure and was unable to overcome her illness despite aggressive medical treatment.Additionally, two new cases of COVID-19 were reported in Cattaraugus County, bringing the countywide case total to 47, with 18 active.Officials say the new cases involve two men, one who was a asymptomatic county jail inmate, and the other who is now hospitalized. In Chautauqua County officials reported one new case Sunday, a man in his 60s.There are now 21 active cases, with 85 total, 60 recovered and four prior deaths reported in the county. Share:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
Recovered from their possession were aset of majong tiles and P173 bet money. Police identified them as residents DaisyVillacampa, 54; Tita Chavez, 50; Marylou Alvarez, 60; and Emilio Reconia Jr.,49. The suspects were nabbed after officerschanced upon them playing mahjong around 2:30 p.m. on Feb. 16. BACOLOD City – Police caught fourpersons engaging in illegal gambling in Barangay Zone 6, Cadiz City, NegrosOccidental. The suspects were detained in the lockupcell of the Cadiz City police station, facing charges for violation ofPresidential Decree 1602, which prescribes stiffer penalties on illegalgambling./PN
“It feels really good to sign a new contract for another year at the club, I’m very proud,” Hilario told chelseafc.com. “I’m really pleased to be part of this great squad and I’m looking forward to working once again with Jose Mourinho.” The goalkeeper, who has made 39 appearances for Chelsea, is one of four goalkeepers in Mourinho’s squad, alongside Petr Cech, Mark Schwarzer and Jamal Blackman. Hilario made his debut against Barcelona in October 2006, keeping a clean sheet in a 1-0 Champions League win. The Blues confirmed the new deal for the 37-year-old, who signed in May 2006 under Jose Mourinho after leaving Nacional, following a period of uncertainty over his status. Hilario was named on Chelsea’s list of released players at the end of the 2012-13 Barclays Premier League season, but this week travelled to the United States for the club’s pre-season tour as part of a 25-man squad. Portuguese goalkeeper Henrique Hilario has signed a one-year contract at Chelsea to take his spell at Stamford Bridge into a seventh season. Press Association
Cowboy up: Texas native Cobb goes from sideline to starting role as 1,000-yard rusher leads Gophers into Texas Bowl
David Cobb almost felt ashamed.Looking up in the stands he saw his entire family watching a game that he knew he had no chance of entering.Minnesota was facing Texas Tech in the 2012 Texas Bowl, and Cobb, a Texas native and sophomore running back for Minnesota, had rushed for only eight yards all season. And like nearly every game that season, all he would do that day was look on from the sidelines.His attendance was a mere formality.“I wouldn’t say embarrassed, but that’s kind of what you are,” Cobb said. “You go back home, so many friends and family waiting for you to play. And you don’t play. And it’s just one of those things where you practice every day, and you’re trying to work hard, but you don’t really have any answers at the end of the day.”AdvertisementThis is placeholder textIn Cobb’s first two seasons at Minnesota, he couldn’t find an answer. He felt unnoticed, as if the coaches had forgotten he was even on the team. But when last season’s leading rusher, Donnell Kirkwood, sat two games with an injury earlier this season, Cobb made the most of the opportunity. He rushed for 1,111 yards, good for 17th best in program history, and best since 2006.In one season he went from just another roster spot, to the team leader in touchdowns and all-purpose yards on the Golden Gophers, who are having their best season since 2003.On Friday, Minnesota (8-4, 4-4 Big Ten) is in the Texas Bowl again, facing Syracuse (6-6, 4-4 Atlantic Coast) at 6 p.m. at Reliant Stadium in Houston. But this time, with the same faces watching him, he won’t be watching from the bench.“He’s worked very hard, and it’s a great lesson for our young players that sometimes you just don’t get everything in life right now,” Minnesota head coach Jerry Kill said. “You have to earn it and work for it, and he’s done that and certainly he’s helped us get to where we’re at.”Cobb’s time has finally come, but it’s two years later than he expected. He thought he’d be the main guy right out of Ellison High School in Killeen, Texas, where he starred as the primary running back for three seasons.There, he was the lone Division I athlete in a program that didn’t deliver many to the top college ranks. He played through pain, one time refusing to leave a game after nearly cutting his lip completely open.He thought his fight and prowess would lead to a seamless transition at Minnesota, but that wasn’t the case.“Coming from high school, everybody’s like that,” Cobb said. “But I think when you get there, you just open up your eyes, because this is not high school, and everybody can play. That was the thing that I had to see, and I had to know that it’s not just going to be given, you have to work for it.”During Cobb’s freshman season, he couldn’t hold onto the ball and was hindered by his fumbling problem. The coaches told him if he couldn’t fix the issue, he wouldn’t play. And when he didn’t, he sat for nearly two years.But things started to change for Cobb during spring practice following the 2012 season. He had been playing better, and the coaches were beginning to take notice. The team came into the season with three primary backs, Cobb one of them.All of them had a chance to play. But running backs coach Brian Anderson said he knew that splitting time wouldn’t work.“We kind of reevaluated everything, and put it back on those guys and said, ‘Hey, someone’s got to take this job,’” Anderson said. “And when (Cobb’s) opportunity came, he seized it, and didn’t look back.”Anderson said that even though Cobb appeared to be an afterthought for his first two seasons, no one had forgotten about him.Kirkwood, who Cobb replaced this season, would spend his time between drives last season with Cobb, explaining what he was doing and seeing. He would be the guy that told Cobb to keep his head up when he wasn’t playing.Anderson played a similar role, making Cobb push himself even when the results seemed intangible.“When you see that kind of talent, you don’t give up on a kid,” Anderson said. “You just keep pushing him, and keep pushing him, and keep pushing him. And not the yell-and-screaming kind of way, but just talk to him individually.”So even though Cobb may have felt forgotten and couldn’t play in front of his friends and family in the last Texas Bowl, now he’s an integral part of Minnesota’s attack.Cobb is excited to take the field and do what he couldn’t last time around, and said that though difficult, it’s all been worth it.“It’s everything you dream of,” Cobb said. “You feel like coaches have forgotten about you. But then, you come out and have a year like this, and life just floats.“It means so much to go back in front of my family and hometown friends and coaches … I just want to play for them.” Comments Facebook Twitter Google+ Published on December 26, 2013 at 3:35 pm Contact Sam: [email protected] | @SamBlum3
He previously told MPs in late 2015 that he didn’t know about allegations of doping in the sport until December 2014 – but emails appear to show he was aware before that date.Coe’s since been asked to speak to the select committee again.
Laing Avenue shootingOne of the men who were arrested and charged with the killing of 32-year-old Orin David at his Laing Avenue home was on Monday arraigned.Samuel McIntyre, a taxi driver, appeared at the Georgetown Magistrates’ Courts before Magistrate Judy Latchman charged with the capital offence of murder.The charge stated that on August 1, 2016 at Laing Avenue, West Ruimveldt, Georgetown, McIntyre fatally shot David. The murder accused was remanded to prison. The case will continue on September 8, 2016.The dead man, Orin DavidThe murder accused, Samuel McIntyreDavid was gunned down at his home late last week following an argument with two other men. The argument was allegedly over money – $100,000, which was owed to him by the two men.Reports are the argument escalated, after which the two men allegedly left but later returned armed with guns.They allegedly called out to the deceased telling him that they just wanted to talk, but upon approaching them, he was struck in the face.David tried to retaliate, but was shot twice – once in his leg and once in the chest by the men.He was rushed to the Georgetown Public Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.The Police have since launched a manhunt for the two men, who, according to reports are both well-known to law enforcement.
Are you looking to increase employee engagement, boost morale or looking for an event to have a bit of fun as a workforce?If so, then the NorthFit 2014 Corporate Challenge is for your business.On the 4th of October at Letterkenny Community Centre, local Letterkenny businesses will come up against each other in fun and wacky challenges creating the first steps of employee wellness. Packie Mailey gave Donegal Daily an insight into the event earlier in the week, but remained tight lipped on what exactly the challenges are that lay ahead for the participants.Teams are made up of eight employees who will undertake outdoor wet and dry challenges to see which Letterkenny business comes out on top on the day.There is no prior training needed for this event, and we want to emphasise this is about encouraging employees to create a healthy lifestyle.The event will last for three hrs with plenty of time to refuel and mix with employees from the other businesses who are taking part. Founder of NorthFit Annette Houston is really excited for the upcoming event.She told Donegal Daily that this event will help spread NorthFit’s message which is to help businesses take positive action towards the Health/Wellness/Fitness of their teams.Annette said, “We are delighted with the response from Letterkenny businesses who value their employee wellbeing but also shows they are up for a bit of fun.“Work can be a very serious environment which can lead to high stress levels and this event is one of the ways NorthFit can help improve productivity and morale in the workplace.If you business is up for the challenge contact Annette– 086-8329336 Packie–086-4039064 now!! IS YOUR BUSINESS UP FOR THE NORTHFIT CORPORATE FITNESS CHALLENGE? was last modified: September 26th, 2014 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:FeaturesnewsSport